The Academic Planning and Budget Committee provides advice to the Provost in the following areas:
- Design of the academic Planning process to be used in the revision of the Campus Academic Plan and the related college and departmental plans,
- Review of proposed revisions of campus, college, and departmental academic plans,
- Annual allocation of faculty positions in terms of their relationship to the academic plan of the campus and its constituent units,
- Development of budgetary strategies and options in light of projected increases in or reductions to the Academic Affairs budget, including the annual budgetary reversion,
- Review and feedback of budgetary decisions concerning the continuing budget and reversion management,
- Establishment and approval of final versions of the campus academic plan, and
- Submission of the approved campus plan to the Faculty Executive Committee and the Faculty Council for approval.